Mekong River Cruises
Mekong River Cruises
The lands along the Mekong River are both culturally and historically distinctive, as well as incredibly beautiful. You will find that Mekong River cruises offer you the chance to visit some of the most beautiful places Southeast Asia has to offer you, as well as a tour of some of the historic sites in Vietnam and Cambodia. Not only are the sights and sounds amazing, but you will find that the elegant dining options of your Mekong River cruises will ensure that you get a real taste of some of the best of local Southeast Asian cuisine. Here are some of the places that you simply must visit while enjoying one of the many Mekong River cruises:
Mekong River Cruises Highlights I
- Hanoi is the capital of Vietnam, and has been one of the centers of Southeast Asian culture for over 1,000 years. The Temple of Literature is a sprawling complex containing some of the best of Vietnamese architecture. Its amazing gateways and labyrinth of courtyards make the Temple of Literature one of the best places to visit. The Ho Chi Minh Memorial is dedicated to the Communist Leader who led Vietnam in the 20th century, and you can visit the "Hanoi Hilton" where prisoners of the Vietnam War were imprisoned and tortured. The Vietnam Museum of Ethnology will educate you on the rich culture of the more than 50 ethnic groups in Vietnam, and the bicycle tours of Hanoi's Old Town will give you a unique view of the colonial mansions, market stalls, and eternally moving street life of Hanoi. Don't forget to enjoy some of the local cuisine at one of the many restaurants on your Mekong River Cruises trip.
Mekong River Cruises Highlights II
- Siem Reap is a Cambodian city that is offered as a destination by most Mekong River cruises, though it is not on the river itself. This city is the gateway to the world famous Angkor Wat, which is one of the world's prominent archeological sites. Here you can see the amazing Khmer temples and its amazing stone carvings in the ancient bas-relief style, the massive buildings of the temple, and the giant smiling faces of Bayon Temple. This 12th century temple is one of the most amazing destinations in the world, and you will find yourself astonished and amazed at some of the sights offered by the temple.
Mekong River Cruises Highlights III
- Modern day Siem Reap is also an excellent destination, with its traditional woodworking, sculpting, and painting crafts being taught in many training centers around the city. The open air marketplaces of Siem Reap should not be missed, and you should take the time to explore the streets of the city before visiting the temple ruins of the Khmer Empire. These ruins date back as far as the 9th century, and you can visit the site where the Khmer emperors ruled Indochina for 400 years. Enjoy your Mekong River Cruise!
Mekong River Cruises Highlights IV
- Kapong Cham is the city where you will board the ships to begin your Mekong River cruises. This city is one of the agricultural centers of Indochina, and is known for its 200 temples. Some of these temples actually predate the famed Khmer Empire of the 9th century. Wat Henchey is a hilltop temple, and the panorama laid out before you from the temple will be legendary. This 8th century temple is surrounded by many religious monuments, and you can visit each one to find out more about the rich religious culture of Vietnam. Phnom Srey and Phnom Pros are famous for their pagodas and temples, and the twin mountains are a must see on any Mekong River cruises.
Mekong River Cruises Highlights V
- The Tonle Sap River leads to the Tonle Sap Lake, a natural lake that protects the delta area around it from being flooded during the high rainy seasons. You will find that the wetlands around the lake contain some of the most amazing wildlife, and this area is considered to be one of the world's prominent areas for inland fishing. This is your Mekong River Cruise!
Mekong River Cruises Highlights VI
- Phnom Penh is the capital of Cambodia, and is the home of the Silver Pagoda, the 19th Century French Palace. Phnom Penh is also home to the National Museum of Cambodia, as well as the Tuol Sleng high school turned detention center where thousands were murdered by Pol Pot and his Khmer Rouge regime. Don`t waste time! Book now your Mekong River Cruise!
Mekong River Cruises
Discover Mekong River by ship! More confortable than ever, more cheap than ever, more phantatastic than ever. rivercruises.org offers you the most phamous Mekong river cruises. What ever river cruise you are looking for. Here you find everything cheaper and better! > > > Travel Request < < <